Animation by Kayelle Allen at The Author's Secret

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Alicia Dean shows you how to Find the Magic

Award winning author and editor, Alicia Dean, shares her process of creating a story, along with bonus tips in Find The Magic – How to Plot a Story in 10 Easy Steps.

*** ON SALE - 99¢ through November 15, 2014 ***


How to write a novel? That is the question. There are probably as many answers to that question as there are people who ask it. 

Wanting to write and actually doing it are two very different things. I am well acquainted with the sometimes grueling process of churning out a story. Over the years, I have tried many methods for creating and completing manuscripts, and have tweaked and honed it down to a workable (for me) process. 

Using specific examples from one of my own novels, Without Mercy, I share my method in this mini how to book. The first eight steps actually deal with plotting while the last two are designed to help expand your outline into a well-developed draft. There is no one, perfect way to create a story, but there will be a method, or methods that work for you. I’m not sure if this is the one, but it works for me. Only you can decide if it also works for you. Fingers crossed that it does! 

Kindle:

Nook:

Find Alicia Here:
Alicia Dean lives in Edmond, Oklahoma. She has three grown children and a huge network of supportive friends and family. She writes mostly contemporary suspense and paranormal, but has also written in other genres, including a few vintage historicals.
In addition to being an author of more than twenty published works, Alicia is both a freelance editor and an editor for The Wild Rose Press, under the name, Ally Robertson, in their suspense line.
Other than reading and writing, her passions are Elvis Presley, MLB, NFL (she usually works in a mention of one or all three into her stories) and watching her favorite televisions shows like Vampire Diaries, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Haven, The Mindy Project, and Dexter (even though it has sadly ended, she will forever be a fan). Some of her favorite authors are Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane, Lee Child, Lisa Gardner, Sharon Sala, Jordan Dane, Ridley Pearson, Joseph Finder, and Jonathan Kellerman…to name a few.

Find Alicia here:

6 comments:

Su Halfwerk said...

I bought a copy a week ago and love it. It's short and to the point that I started applying Alicia's method right a way and I can see how my story is coming along. The best part is the examples for each step.
Thanks for writing Find the Magic, Alicia. And Lyn, as usual, thanks for having another wonderful guest.

ManicScribbler said...

Hello Su, thanks for dropping by. I bought the book too out of interest, though have yet to start reading it, so am very glad to have your endorsement of it.

Paula Martin said...

I read the excerpts online, and decided to buy - so thanks for featuring this on your blog, Lynette.

Alicia Dean said...

Thank you so much, Su. I'm thrilled you found the book helfpul.

Alicia Dean said...

I appreciate you having me on your fabulous blog, Lynette. Thank you!

Alicia Dean said...

I hope you enjoy the book, Paula. Thank you for stopping by.

Post a Comment